CWQR’s mission is to create new knowledge by challenging the status quo and utilizing the knowledge to develop practical solutions for solving water quality problems.
CWQR will be the leading research center in the Southeastern region for managing water resources by solving various types of water quality problems. Our long-term vision is to become a national center for solving water quality problems at the national scale.
- We believe in teamwork and the basic idea that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- We share a commitment to the responsible and sustainable use of freshwater resources.
- We value diverse perspectives and open sharing of knowledge and experience.
- We value honesty and will have the confidence to admit our mistakes and the courage to change direction.
- CWQR will have analytical facilities, field laboratories, and computer modeling capabilities to conduct water quality and groundwater management research.
- CWQR researchers will use their scientific knowledge and resources to develop novel technologies and best practices to provide public access to a sufficient amount of safe, clean water.
- CWQR will be a credible resource for addressing significant and timely environmental issues that impact the quality of water stored in surface and groundwater systems.
- CWQR researchers will be engaged in educational and outreach activities that will benefit STEM researchers, policymakers, and the general public.